CENTRE COUNTY UNITED WAY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION
The Centre County United Way (CCUW) is seeking to employ a highly qualified candidate for the position of Executive Director. In doing so, CCUW is partnering with The HR Office, Inc., a State College recruiting firm, to assist with this initiative.
The HR Office, Inc., on behalf of the CCUW, is seeking applications for the position of Executive Director from individuals with broad practical experience in fundraising, non-profit administration, grant making, marketing, and communications. The Executive Director will steer the organization toward the CCUW’s Board of Directors’ strategic vision which includes:
- To be a widely-known, well understood, trusted, and transparent philanthropic organization in Centre County, Pennsylvania.
- To harness the power of data-based decision making for strategic investment and deployment of resources to meet its mission.
- To become a philanthropic partner of choice offering personalized, engaging experiences that generate commitment, participation, and revenue.
The Executive Director reports to the CCUW Board of Directors.
The Executive Director is the chief fundraising, administrative, and financial officer of the organization. The Executive Director is responsible for meeting aggressive annual fundraising goals, fiscal management, drafting and monitoring the annual budget, working with the United Way Partner Network and the Board of Directors collaboratively, as well as managing other staff and all day-to-day operations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the strategic plan, in partnership with the Board of Directors.
- Creation of fundraising strategies and activities; meeting fundraising yearly targets, and donor development and pipeline strategies.
- Financial oversight, including development and implementation of the annual budget, monitoring and controlling of expenses, processing payroll, and payables.
- Supporting board development efforts to identify and cultivate new board members and enhance the participation of the current board.
- Building CCUW relevance to the community through the Partner Network, granting process, and community building.
- Representing CCUW at appropriate events and functions.
- Oversight of day-to-day operations and management of staff.
The CCUW is seeking someone who inspires enthusiasm and excitement about the CCUW mission and vision, has proven fundraising and donor development track record, and who is looking to aggressively pursue increased revenue by utilizing their proven knowledge and experience.
The ideal candidate will have management experience in the not-for-profit arena preferably in United Way leadership and have the ability to work well in collaboration with the Partner Network, Board of Directors, community leaders, volunteers, and staff.
Other required skills include experience in the development and management of budgets, marketing, communications and branding, competence in strategic problem solving, and relationship management. Comfort with and understanding of data and identifying actionable insights in which to make strategic fundraising decisions is a requirement. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software would be helpful.
In addition, we are seeking a person who embraces diversity and inclusion with excellent oral and written communication skills, and high emotional intelligence.
Additional specific qualifications include:
- Bachelors degree required, advanced degree or equivalent years of experience in development preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years successful and progressive experience in fundraising, development, stewardship and non-profit management.
- United Way management preferred.
For those candidates interested in the position, please submit to the HR Office, Inc. your resume, your cover letter of introduction, and explanation of why you are interested in the position. Please send these documents to email@example.com.