The 2022 United Way Day of Caring powered by PNC will be held on Thursday, October 6, 2022.
The United Way Day of Caring powered by PNC is a tremendous one-day event when people across Centre County unite to support the nonprofit agencies and organizations that do so much for our communities every day. It is an opportunity to put the mantra LIVE UNITED into Action!
Held on Thursday, October 7th 2021, our 27th annual event was a resounding success! We proudly report Centre Region enjoyed 47 active Project Sites that hosted over 1,316 Volunteers, many of whom from the 47 businesses & schools that built volunteer teams. The collective muscle and donated product saved the non-profit agencies a remarkable $66,375. All the projects took place at our regional nonprofit agencies & properties, historical sites, conserved lands, municipal properties and parks.
We kicked off the day at the Bryce Jordan Center where the Penn State Men’s Basketball Team served breakfast. Soon after we saw gazebos constructed, trees planted, mulch spread, paint applied, a roof replaced, a concrete handicap ramp constructed and much more! We were proud to add to the over 3,300 completed projects with more than 64,000 volunteers who’ve participated since the inaugural event in 1993.
Thank you to everyone who participated and proved how much we can accomplish when we LIVE UNITED.
Who makes this happen?
There would be no Day of Caring without the hundreds of Volunteers, many of whom participate year after year! We welcome: Penn State students, athletic teams, staff & faculty; teams from local businesses, clubs and faith-based organizations; regional school districts, individuals & couples too!
Our Regional Nonprofit Agencies and Organizations are invited annually to submit projects.
A Few Reminders:
- All non-profit 501(c)3 organizations in Centre County are eligible to submit project proposals for Day of Caring.
- Registration is currently closed and we are working on approving submitted projects.
- Agencies & Organizations will be required to follow the Agency Guidelines here.
Calling All Volunteers! We look forward to your participation in 2022!
A Few Reminders:
- Volunteer Registration will open on September 1, 2022.
- The event date is October 6, 2022.
- If you are organizing a Team, you'll need your entire team 'assembled' prior to registering your group.
- You will be invited to choose 2-3 projects you/your group are interested in working on (not required). We will do our best to assign you to one of your choices.
- As an example of the types of projects available from which to choose, Click Here to see the 2021 project list.
We are pleased to honor our event founder, Colonel Gerald Russell.
In the early 90’s Colonel Gerald Russell was serving on the Centre County United Way Board of Directors and was passionate to create new ways to assist area agencies beyond supporting them financially – hence, the Day of Caring was born. The event grew quickly as Colonel Russell had a wonderful way to inspire those around him. Russell actively served as a leader of the event and in late years was always there to lend a smile and encouragement. Colonel Russell passed away in 2014 at the age of 97.
No donated dollars to the United Way Campaign are used to underwrite any Day of Caring costs.
For questions please contact: Celesta Powell at email@example.com
In addition to our title sponsor PNC, we’d also like to thank the following businesses that contributed generously to the 2021 program:
To see photos from the 2021 event click on the link below!