Thursday, October 7, 2021
The United Way Day of Caring powered by PNC is a tremendous one-day event when people across Centre County unite to support the nonprofit agencies and organizations that do so much for our communities every day. It is an opportunity to put the mantra LIVE UNITED into Action!
We are currently assembling the 27th annual event and will be proud to add to the over 3,200 completed projects with more than 63,000 Volunteers who’ve participated since the inaugural event in 1993. This year we are expecting over 800 Volunteers to complete over 60 regional projects!
We will have coordinated teams of Volunteers landscaping, clearing trails, planting gardens, painting & staining, installing shelves, constructing gazebos, organizing donations for a holiday sale, installing smoke alarms, and more! There’s even a demolition project that requires swinging a sledgehammer! All the projects take place at our regional nonprofit agencies & properties, historical sites, conserved lands, municipal properties and parks.
We have over 60 projects for 2021!
All non-profit 501(c)3 organizations in Centre County were eligible to submit project proposals for this event.
Project Registration is currently closed.
Agencies & Organizations can always access the most up-to-date Agency Guidelines Here.
Who makes this happen?
There would be no Day of Caring without the hundreds of Volunteers, many of whom participate year after year! We welcome: Penn State students, athletic teams, staff & faculty; teams from local businesses, clubs and faith-based organizations; regional school districts and Penn State ROTC; Individuals & couples too!
Note: The project sites are not suitable for children other than the coordinated student groups. Families, please do not bring young children to the sites. Thank you.
Calling all Volunteers!
We are ready for you to Register!
Follow these simple steps:
1. You'll need your entire team 'assembled' prior to registering your group.
2. Once in the registration portal (button below), you'll be required to register each person individually (including each team member) on the combined form with T-shirt size and if attending the Kickoff Breakfast at the Bryce Jordan Center.
3. Review the 'Project List' of available 2021 Day of Caring powered by PNC projects on our website. Click Here to go directly to the project list. You may choose 2-3 projects you/your group are interested in working on (not required) and list the 'Project Codes' on the registration form. We will do our best to assign you to one of your choices.
4. You are ready to register! Click here to complete the registration form. You will get an email reply assuring your registration has gone through the system correctly. That confirmation will ask you to confirm your data and give further helpful Volunteer tips.
5. Next step is "on us." Sit tight while we coordinate Volunteers with project sites. We will be sending you an email with those details after registration closes on September 15.
IMPORTANT: All project sites and volunteers will be required to follow CDC guidelines here. Masks are required indoors and social distancing observed. Additionally some sites will have further requirements.
No dollars donated to the United Way campaign are used
to underwrite any Day of Caring costs.
A very special Thank You to our Day of Caring sponsor, PNC!
We would also like to thank Lowe’s and Home Depot for their generous donations year after year.
For questions please contact: LAUREN SMITH, Day of Caring powered by PNC Event Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile (814)360-7112.